Safe Food, Healthy Business
In August 2012, innovative Irish environmental health graduates Emer Murphy and Michael O’Rourke spotted a gap in the market. Marrying their in – depth knowledge of food hygiene with their awareness of the failings in hygiene practice in business, they decided to create an app to meet the needs of both industry and legislation. Six months later “Safe Food, Healthy Business”was born.
The free app is proving a hit in Australia, South East Asia and the USA and the pair hope to see its popularity grow.
“We developed the app due to the increased number of closure orders in Ireland and poor food hygiene standards Worldwide,” Emer Murphy said. “The app provides food businesses with concise factual information on the requirements and good practice methods in food safety,” Michael O Rourke adds.
The app offers business owners information on food safety that is relevant without being overwhelming. It is a fantastic go to guide when in doubt and gives the user confidence to practice safe trading of food above minimum compliance. It is extremely user friendly and offers concise easy to understand information under a range of different topics. It is a one of a kind app with no other app offering the same high level of information
The app is a must have tool for anyone in the food business.
Features include –
- Guidelines for dealing with food poisoning outbreaks
- Tips for pest control identification and elimination
- Information about the latest food alerts
- Advice for setting up a food business
- Tips for managing food allergies
- Information business owners can leverage when setting up a new business
- Guidelines for managing E. coli 0157
- HACCP templates business owners can refer to in order to ensure they comply with food safety laws
- Information about who to contact for food safety products and services
- The app is FREE to download from the Apple App Store and it is compatible with both iPhones, IPads and iTouch
To download now –