If you prefer to escape the cold and holiday somewhere hot, then ditch the winter blues and pack for the sunny Whitsundays. Here are the top 5 reasons to pack your togs this winter and explore the Whitsundays.
1. Soak up the Vitamin D: In the recent Wotif.com survey, 34.8% of holidaymakers revealed going to the beach was their top hot activity in winter, followed by 29.2% favouring to explore new cultures, 24.7% relaxing by the pool, 9.3% drinking cold cocktails. You can escape the cold winter days and swap them for 22 degree days relaxing on the beaches at the Whitsundays.
2. Swap hot chocolates for tropical cocktails: Relax on Hamilton Island and re-live your summer with refreshing cocktails by the pool or at one of the bars. The Hamilton Island Reef View Hotel has a range of refreshing cocktails on offer at the poolside Reef Terrace Restaurant. You can finish the evening with stunning sunset views sipping on a strawberry and orange ‘Summer Love’ cocktail at One Tree Hill, the Island’s hilltop lookout.
3. Indulge and get pampered: Relax at Airlie Beach’s Pinnacles Resort & Spa and get pampered at Endota’s. After your pampering, relax on the private verandah with views over the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands.
4. See the underwater world: With the water temperature rarely dropping below 23 degrees, it’s just the right temperature to get up close with tropical fish and colourful coral species snorkelling or scuba diving along the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Did you know you can even spend the night out under the stars…on the Reef?
5. Spot a whale: From July to October, whales are a common sight frolicking among the Whitsunday Islands and even occasionally out on the Great Barrier Reef. Those out on the water, the islands, or even just sitting in a café by the beach are regularly indulged by excited young calves and their mothers breaching out of the water, playing with boats and each other, and majestically gliding through the waters of the Whitsundays.
About the Whitsundays:
The 74 islands of the Whitsundays lie in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, cradled by the tropical waters of the Coral Sea, a truly remarkable icon of beauty.
The Whitsundays is an invitation into a world of tropical wonder.
The vibrant colours of the magnificent Great Barrier Reef and tropical rainforest provide plenty of scope for activity and adventure. Easily accessible by air or road, the Whitsundays are located on the central eastern coast of Queensland in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The area is characterised by world-class resort facilities blending harmoniously with the pristine natural attributes of the area.
Sail, Explore, Dive, Dine, Play, Relax, Enjoy. The opportunities are endless… which is why there is no better place to take a well-deserved holiday than the Whitsundays.