The 2013 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix will be ready, set, go at Marina Bay Street Circuit in downtown Singapore, this 20th – 22nd September. As the sun sets on this Island city, the action heats up on the streets, with the only night race included within the global Formula 1 circuit.
Locals have long known the vibrant city is best experienced after dark thanks to a diverse range of cutting edge bars, clubs and restaurants coupled with late night operating hours. From 13 to 23 September the Grand Prix Season Singapore (GPSS) challenges Kiwi visitors to hold on for the ride of their life, with eleven days of round-the-clock entertainment at both official race sites and across the city.
This year’s entertainment line-up promises to take the adrenaline-pumping action to the next gear, with stellar in-circuit headliners ranging from The Killers, Tom Jones, global superstars Rihanna and Justin Bieber, and Asian chart-topper Big Bang. In addition, English illusionist Dynamo will surprise and delight unsuspecting strangers with his jaw-dropping tricks, whilst quirky cabaret star Ennio Marchetto will channel famous personalities such as Marilyn Monroe and Cher.
Fill your itinerary from start to finish with an unrivalled line-up of experiences, no matter what your interests are. Highlights include:
• To satisfy testosterone-filled racing fans, Artichoke’s resident chef – Bjorn Shen – is creating a one-off menu of over-the-top ‘dude’ food dishes called ‘Dude, Where’s My Food? A Week of Food Deviance’. Shen will serve up an indulgent menu that includes steak, sausages, fried chicken and locally crafted beers.
• Involve yourself in Bed Supper Club’s cutting-edge concept at Tanjong Beach Club – the unique mix of restaurant, club, art gallery and theatre. Themed to the glitz of 1950’s Miami (think white palm trees and pink lawn flamingos), there will be an all-day carnival with circus acts, international DJs, fire dancers and an all-night party.
• For a splash of nostalgia, celebrate Grand Prix’s 1950’s origins with a vintage twist, by watching the race in black and white at OCF’s Racing of Yesteryears nights. Dress the part with a tall hat, masquerade mask or a pillbox hat.
• Need to re-fuel during all the excitement? Take a pit stop and try new and exciting dining concepts every day of the race thanks to The Bacchanalia Brunch Series who will be located just outside the circuit area at Coleman Street.
• Discover trendy Haji Lane within the Arab quarter, by sipping on a bespoke race inspired cocktail at Singapore’s leading artisanal cocktail bar, Off Your Tracks.
• In the middle of the shopping district, Brix brings the glitz and glamour of the carnival to the city with Parc Ferme 2013 – a carnival themed party that pulsates with live international entertainment on every stage, every night.
Packages start from NZD$1,895 per person including a Bay Grandstand race ticket and
4 nights accommodation. Specific dates apply. For full details, please visit:
For information on how you can make the most of your visit to Singapore during the Grand Prix Season Singapore, please visit www.yoursingapore.com/gpss